Monday, February 9, 2009

February 9th- Day + 3

We made it through the first weekend after transplant..a few small issues but nothing that is out of the ordinary.
For anyone who is reading this blog and is located in the montreal area, there is a blood drive being held in Ryan honor (in Beaconsfield, detail on ryansroar.ca) on February 11th, that was put together by good friends Trish, Maggie and there mom Shirly...we would love to see anyone there to donate..remember one pint of blood can save 3 peoples live...that is amazing...something I was unaware of until Ryan became sick...it just opens our eyes to the little things that we can do to help another person in need..I donated my first time in honor of Ryan in Milton at the blood drive my sister organized on Jan 15th and I am set to do it again in March...What a great feeling to know you have help someone in the world. Thanks Trish, Maggie and Shirly to all there efforts in putting this drive together.

We dont really read into the things are children say or do, but now I wonder about everything that Ryan says, probably my own mind, as he is still the same boy doing the same things he did before he was diagnosed.

Ryan said to me last night, mommy I love you, I told him I love you to Ryan and he said but dont forget it mommy...he said this morning, mommy I am thinking of Ally..

On a lighter note, he has a higher pitched voice, Dave told me this over the phone on the weekend and I said sure Dave...now I her and yes it is higher pitched...they say this is a side effect from the Chemo.

He has had some pain this morning in tummy and has been to the toilet 5 times already....I wish I could do more to make him feel better...

No signs of an mucositis yet...so no need for morphine yet.
Ryan has 2 doses of a medication to reduce the severity of graft vs host. that was administered on day +1, today and will be administered again on Day +6.

We had a nurse just before transplant name Julie and she and Ryan were talking and she was asking him about his pokemon's and he asked her for some pokemom stickers. She said she would try to find some, Ryan turned around and said "do you promise" because my grandad said when you make a promise you never break it..
Julie said I promise I will try Ryan....

So today , Susan our nurse came in and told him she had a surprise from Julie, when Ryan opened it up, he was so excited it was a pokemon figurine....even better than stickers...THANKS JULIE...he loves it...

Ryan counts are :

WBC- 0.1 - dropped and are in the toliet so I call it. they will now have to come up once he en grafts

RBC - 79 - big drop from yesterday, will probably need a blood transfusion in the next day or so

PLT- 31 not a big increase, will most likely need another transfusion for this aswell soon
Platlets do not hold a long life span even in healthy children or adults but our body
regenerates ours automatically where as Ryan's are comprimised.

Again, thank you to everyone for there prayers for our brave little boy. If you could all say a little prayer for one of Ryan's friend (Trevor) who is fighting a different form of Luekemia. there are so many little ones and older ones up here fighting this disease and these boy and girls are so very brave and special.
TREVOR, ryan misses you and asks about you often. I saw your mom this morning as you were here for a visit and a finger poke and she told me that we will look back on all of this when you and Ryan are off to university. I believe in my heart we will see this day for both of you...

Suzie
XXXXX

2 comments:

  1. Hi Suzie: Thanks for the update. How is Aly? All of you are in our thoughts.

    Elaine
    kisses & hugs to Ryan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sue, I hope little Trevor is ok. I'll say a prayer for him as well.
    Hope Ryan isn't in too much pain poor little guy.
    Talk to you later today.
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete