Tuesday, February 3, 2009

February 3rd day -3

We are back,
Bit of a long night last night, Ryan feel asleep at 6:50 because he had no nap.
He was then awake at 10 pm just as I was going to get into bed. So we were up until he again fell asleep, once I acomplished that Dave called at 12 am to talk....then there are the IV pumps that beep all night and you need to push a button to call the nurse (so up I get about another 8 times ) Ryan was up at 4 am to play, (thinking no way) so back to sleep he went and then got up at 9:50 am. WHAT A NIGHT.

It is snowing here in TO this morning and we are lying in bed watching finding nemo....
Mary Sunshine is here and doing magic tricks with Ryan (he loves it)

He complained late in the day yesterday that his tummy was hurting and he has to throw up, and then looked at me and said but I am not going to, because I don't want to...(mind over matter) good for him.

He spent the day in his dino hat scaring the whole 8th floor. Ward A, B, C, D....everyone thought is was so cute....Cameo please thank your mom and let her know he loves the hat...

Counts are steadly dropping:

WBC - 3.0
RBC - 93
PLT - 39
His Poly are 2.08 so he will soon become neutrepenic and will not be able to fight a bacterial infection...

So as the whites keep falling the poly's will fall as well.

Everytime I look at him, all I want to do is cry, as I can not imagine my life with out him.I can only HOPE and pray everyday that he is strong enough to fight this disease. So far he is doing great as per the Dr's. Dave and I try to stay strong everyday, some days harder than others...He is a fighter so I will hold onto that.

Dave and I thank everyone for there messages, well wishes, phone calls, deliveries of food, everyone who reads the blog, messages on facebook.

Ryan is so lucky to have so many people routing for him.

6 comments:

  1. Sue, There are so many people hoping and praying for Ryan as well. You are doing such a wonderful job. Ryan is a fighter and he has you to thank for that. You, Dave and Ryan are so strong and you will win this battle. Stay as strong as you can but know you have so much support and shoulders to lean on when you are having those not so strong days, they are aloud too...

    all my love and prayers
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sue, brought Mom over this afternoon so that she could read your blog to up date and see all the new pics of Ryan. She thought they were lovely. We see lots of hope in the pictures. The blog is great cause we get a real feel for what's going on, better than I could explain to people who ask, so I'm passing on the details. There are so many people who are so concerned about Ryan and you guys and wishing and praying for a speedy recovery for Ryan.

    Loads of hugs and kisses
    Brenda XXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brenda,

    Glad your mom could see Ryan pictures and read about him, that was my whole reason for doing this...
    I wanted to let everyone know what was going on daily and this is the easiest way, otherwise I would be on the phone all day....

    Love to all over in Ireland..
    Hugs and kisees
    I will keep posting pictures...

    Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzie,
    Stay strong! Ryan has you in him and look at the strength you have.....I'm sure he has it too, actually I know he does. There is still a long road ahead and there isn't a minute that you guys aren't in my thoughts and prayers. You are almost at day 0 and then you will begin to count forward to Ryan getting well.
    I love you guys so very much and I miss you too!
    Remind Ryan that he is the bravest 3 year old I know and that I love him.
    Give him hugs and kisses and ask him to give you a hug from me.
    Nic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will do
    Lov ya Nic,
    See you soon,

    XOXXOXXOXOX

    ReplyDelete