Saturday, February 21, 2009

February 21st - Day + 15

Ryan,

I left you last night and you were ok....I am so glad ...Daddy called me last night to tell me all the things you were saying....you are funny when you want to be.
I called and you were fast asleep by 9:30 pm and you slept until 8:30 am and you did not wake.

Your counts today :

WBC - o.1
RBC - 95
PLT - 17 so another transfusion scheduled for this morning...

I called you to see how you were doing and you seemed to sound a little down, probably all the medication.

I talked to your nurse today and we have dropped your morphine level from 1.22 to 1.0.
I asked her about the 0.1 white count and she told me it is the same as > 0.1 really....
she said that she knows we are anxious at this point but it is still early yet..so we continue to wait for your counts to rise.

Daddy tells me you are eating Froot loops and drinking... wonderful news and that they ran your liver counts again and they are down...everything seems to be on track Ryan.

I will be back at the hospital tomorrow to see you ....Keep up the great work sweetheart...we are all fighting right beside you ....Ally has done her job and now your body needs to let it work..

Ally and I went to the mall today to run soon erands and get you your Auntie Nicole a birthday gift and we stopped into say hello to our friend Leanne and we ended up staying for lunch....Thanks Leanne....it was fun....we then were heading home and decided to take a detour to Tim's to pick up coffee for Sherry and Steve..Happy Birthday Steve....

We were invited to Nicole's today to celebrate Chris's birthday but unfortunatley we could not make it as it is Auntie Nicole's birthday as well..Chris, Ryan says happy Birthday ....
Wow..February 22nd is a busy day for alot of people we know...
Happy Birthday to you all ....Enjoy.....Ryan can't wait to see you all ...hopefully it will be soon

On that note, we post again tomorrow....

3 comments:

  1. Suzanne -- on your recommendation I am about to watch some Diane Lane/Richard Gere action in Nights in Rodanthe.

    Am glad everything is on track.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard looks good in this movie....pretty hot for... a older man.....I act as if I know him personally. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, sorry I missed you yesterday. Hopefully I can come see you today (Sunday) before you go back to Sick Kids.
    I am so glad to hear Ryan is eating and drinking yummy froot loops!!
    I know how anxious you are I can hear it in your voice....one day at a time hun! Ryan's counts will come up matter of time.
    Happy Birthday to Nicole!!!
    Love you all,
    Tina
    xo

    ReplyDelete