Friday, February 13, 2009

February 12th, Day +7

Hey Everyone,

Ryan won Bingo yesterday and the Marlies hockey team were here, so as Ryan is in isolation they came up and delivered his toys to him and a signed poster of the Marlies hockey team. WAY TO GO RYAN.......

Dave was here last night and I think mostly everything went well...
When I got here this morning, Ryan was sleeping, drug enduced as his platelets fell in the night to 10 so he had his transfusion this morning ( with dose of Benadryl first to ensure he does not react) he has vomitted and has alot of pain in his tummy, mouth and thoat. I dont anticipate this going away any time soon. He is holding his mouth closed today and I have noticed it is filling up with Saliva..So I have now put a bowl in front of him to spit in to...He is not talking, just pointing.

His eyes are heavy, and look sleepy...his hair is almot gone....he is actually pulling it out himself and handing it to Dave or myself....Oh how my heart aches for him...I know I would not be as brave as what he has been....I am so very proud of him...

Last night, I had a hard time falling asleep, although I know that I need the break or I am not going to be any good to him, I could not help but miss him like crazy....I think Dave and I feel we do not want to miss even one minute with him....I saw Ally for a little while last night and she is doing great....her lower back looks fine, still the marks from the needles but she does not seem to be in any pain.

Ryan and I made his Valentine's card yesterday and a little gift for everyone on the floor yesterday and we delivered them today as we knew the hospital was celebrating Valentines today....so he has had lots of surprises... I stepped out for a few minutes today and when I came back, Ryan had a special delivery arrive...Thank you, Agatha, Derek, Maddy and James....

So our next thing to look forward to is the day he starts to engraft and then on day +28 they do a blood test to find out how many cells are Ally's and if any are Ryan's....so what we want to see is 100% Ally. Once his counts start coming up and his Poly's are 0.5 for more than 3 days we can move to step down and then we have to get him whened off the Morphine and stating to eat and drink again.....something I hear that can take alot of time because the children are so scared of it hurting when they try to eat of drink.

I will be going home tonight to see Ally and back on Monday morning, so Dave can spend some time with Ally and Kalya...

Happy Valentine's Day everyone....Enjoy....

Suzie

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Suzie. Hope you had a enjoyable evening last night with Tina. Enjoy your weekend with Ally.

    Happy Valentines Day to all of you, especially to one very courageous young man. When he starts eating again he deserves one major chocolate party!

    Love to all

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will see in Ryan 100% of Ally cells.

    Wish you all also a great valentino day and a good weekend.
    Kisses
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Ryan has a good St. Valentine's Day and weekend. Got the prayer groups all over (and I mean ALL OVER!)praying for 100% Ally cells and mouth sores to heal soon. Take care and God Bless all the Hylands'!!! XXXXXX

    ReplyDelete