Thursday, February 5, 2009

February 5th Day -1

Ryan has yet another good day! It boggles my mind that he has not had one episode of vommiting. (knock on wood) He is however showing signs of fatigue.. sleeping a bit more.
Eating again, probably because they stopped his food suppliment for 24 hours to give him is last dose of Chemo last night..

He woke up grumpy, who could blame him ( I dont want to be here, so I can only imagine what he thinks)

He asked for toast this morning so toast is what he got, then another piece and another and another...yes 4 pieces of toast...good for him .....nothing since but we are ok with that....

He played with his best buddy Mary Sunshine again today and she brought him some special coloring pages. (Pokemon).

Gramma and Grandad came for a visit but only got about 10 minutes in before he crashed out on the couch in the parents longue...

Counts today are :

WBC -1.7
RBC - 84
PLT - 31

I think they will be doing a blood test tonight to ensure they keep him above 20.....

Again addicited to the smurfs....Dave came down with figurines that he picked up at Square One and so nerds...that is what Ryan asked for...( who would have thought he would want NERD, lol)

We are thinking of our friend Trevor who just got admitted back into hospital with a fever...
Trevor we love you and are thinking of you and hope you get to go home soon.
For those of you who are not familar with Trevor, he is Ryan's friend they meet here at SKH in November when they were both diagnosed.

So we are ready for tomorrow, Dave is home with Ally getting her ready with my sister and parents. They have to be here for 7 am and her procedure is at 9 am ....she will be very cranky as she can not have her bottle in the morning..

This is it......HOPE, FAITH AND PRAYERS, there is something to be said about it all.
Once my monkey falls asleep I will head down to the chapel here to say a prayer for both of them.

Sleep well , will update you all tomorrow.

Hugs and kisses to you all,

XOXOXOXOXO

7 comments:

  1. Sue,
    I have said my prayers today and have told my little Madi to help Ryan be strong and watch over him. We are all rooting for Ryan and Ally. Lots of love and prayers,
    Erin
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know you personally and can't imagine what you are going through. But I am also a mom of a four year old boy here in Milton and understand the absolute love you feel in your heart for your children. I wish your son forever and pray that tomorrow is the start of a healthy future for him.

    I wish your family the very best and will keep you in my daily thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzie,

    I was just sitting here saying a few prayers of my own and the words HOPE, FAITH And PRAYERS were my exact thoughts as well.
    Hold on tight. You have two very strong and incredible monkeys...who knew that two could be so alike:). I admire your strength and I know this is so difficult for you so remember HOPE, HOPE, HOPE.
    I love you so very much.
    Try to get some sleep and I'll speak to you in the morning.
    You, Dave, Ryan and Ally are in my thoughts and prayers every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne, We read your letter to Ryan, it was amazing. We will be thinking of you all today as every day. Remember have faith,hope and love, which you have in abundance.God bless you all. Love Anne and Terry xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope and faith are also what i ask, have and pray for Ryan and Ally.
    Ryan has always a candle lighting a saint that protects children
    Wish you a good weekend
    Kisses
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. suzie,
    thinking about you and your little ones today and sending you hope and lots of strength for ryan to roar! Good Luck :)
    Agatha

    P.S. the letter you wrote to your son beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of all of you today. God be with Ally and Ryan and Sue and Dave. XOXO. Will search blog again tonight for an update.

    ReplyDelete