Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Febraury 18th - Day + 12

Ryan,

Today is a good day to be inside. It looks cold and it is snowing..
You had a rough night, yet again last night. Throwing up at 9 pm,11pm, 2am, 4am, you had some tummy and throat pain....They gave you a boast of Morphine on top of your running drip to keep you confortable...
Because of the vomiiting and the nasal discharge showing traces of blood, you had a platlete transfusion last night at 10pm.

Today your levels are:

WBC -0.1
RBC - 95
PLT - 77 that must have been some good platletes (biggest increase I have seen since the effects of the chemo)

The nurse was just in and told me that your Billirubin is up ( means your liver is working harder than it needs to) so they are sending up a tech to do an ultrasound, and they have measured your tummy....Of course I jumped the gun and freaked out (as I am a worrier by nature) so they came in to talk to me to tell me this happens and that it will probably be back to normal tomorrow...so I pray this is the case...

The Dr. came in just after that as I think the nurses asked her to come and talk to me ....she said higher billitubin could mean the starts of the counts coming up, or could be a problem with your liver working harder than it should. If this is the case they can not do much for it, a use of medication and less fluids to give your liver and kidneys a break....

Ryan you look good....you are playing Playdo and watching TV. you talked to you cousins in Ireland this morning and we read some of your dinosaur book...

Your friend John engrafted this morning and they are getting him on track now to send him home....Hooray John we are so happy for you....this is a day to celebrate...we are all thrillled for you and your mom is over the moon today..

Daddy and I took about an hour break to visit with Karen Gordon, Bill Carroll and his wife Sylvie Carroll..They have all spent there own time down at Sick Kids with there children, so they understand first hand what we are going through. I want to thank them so much for coming down to see us, it really meant alot to Dave and I...just to get out of the room for a little while and talk about everyday things, and to laugh was great....Karen I thought of another person you could put as your profile pic (instead of Clonney or Gere, what about Matthew McConaughey) just a thought.

Hailey thank you so much for the LIVE STRONG braclets...they are awesome..and yellow is Ryan's favorite colour. (he says it is a happy colour). Ryan will be wearing one by the end of the day...

At 3Pm the tech came in to do the ultrasound, will probably be a day or two for the results...
Just as I thought you were about to take a nap, Donna came in to do your central line, dressing change....you fought it and cried so they gave you Ativan ....to try to relax you...I left the room and it was a things seemed to go well....I guess maybe I should leave you with the pretty nurses and things will run a bit smoother.....note to self....

Again, thank you everyone for all the support that you have show us as a family, we really do appreciate it.

Ryan my sweet boy, you have touched the hearts of so many people and you have so many people wishes you well and praying for you every day...

Sleep well baby, I love you.
Mommy.

10 comments:

  1. Suzanne -- I cannot believe we didn't think of Matthew McConaughey before now -- I tried to find a shot of my fav MM from The Wedding Planner!!! However they all included JLo.... which is a whole discussion next time we get together for coffee.

    It was awesome hanging out with you today!

    Fingers crossed for a good night and good liver news.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ryan & Suzie: Thank you for the update - great to hear that you had a celebrity visitor! Hope that billirubin levels come down tonight, the platelets stay up, the pain goes down, and that you both get a great night's sleep - tomorrow could be dance day!

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Elaine, maybe we could do some dance lessons and have some sort of multinational danceathon! Are you up for it??? Sue, we are good and ready to go as soon as Ryan gives us the thumbs up. Hurry up Ryan, we can't wait til you turn the corner. Platlete count sounds good, hopefully more good news on the way. Ryan, I have my dancing shoes on!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elaine, meant to say, if you are having probs posting ( I do too) hit preview first. It seems to work better for me that way, and a big 'HI' to all your gang X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen , Try a shot from how to lose a guy in 10 days.....there are some good one....or....some with out the shirt in fools gold... bad movie, but nice body........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ryan
    Dropping in to see how this day has been
    So your favourite colour is yellow and you say it is a happy colour
    I agree with you
    I love sunflowers because they are like big happy yellow faces!!
    Yellow is the colour of the sun which makes people happy and smile
    You are so right - it is a happy color
    I will have to bring you a great big sunflower when you get home and I get to meet that wonderful smiling face in person!!
    Hope you are sleeping well and getting stronger every minute
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, I love the profile picture ....he looks good....

    ReplyDelete
  8. You all have touched my heart. I am praying that tomorrow is the day I read that the counts you need are there! I know that Mom's joy will jump right off the page. I feel it. It's coming. The billirubin count is the sign. It's coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ryan: your mother is right, you have touched the heart of many many people, that even far away and not knowing you personaly are praying for you every day. One day, you will notice that for yourselfe.
    The day of your counts is coming.
    Kisses
    PAula

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am hoping and praying to god that today is the day Ryan's counts start to go up. We are coming close to the end of week 2 and I know its going to happen soon.
    Ryan you truly are a special little boy and yes you have so many people praying and wishing you the very best. You are a strong little boy and a fighter. Keep up the great work.
    Sue and Dave I pass along all my strength to you to help you get through one day at a time.
    I know you must be so anxious.
    Glad to hear your day with Bill Carroll went well. Nice break for you guys.
    Love you all,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete