Tuesday, February 17, 2009

February 17th - Day + 11

I guess everyone is back at work today....Still looks sunny outside....
Ryan is talking today and has decided he likes my chair better than his bed, so I have put a clean sheet on it, and set him up there infront of the TV...

Cameo, we read his dinosaur encylopedia last night and he loved it...so I think we will continue to read a bit each night before he goes to sleep..

Ryan morphine was increased yesterday to 1.59, we started at a very low dose or .9, I aksed if he was getting alot of morphine and they tell me the dose is still quite low....so hopefully when we whene him off of it, it will be ok....He is having a hard time with the probe....they put it the childrens fingers when they are on Morphine( hospital policy) to monitor the heart rate....
He does not like this and keeps pulling it off....so the nurse of the day has to come in and put another one on.....

He keeps asking the nurses for pokers ( needles with blunt ends), bandaids and cleaning wipes...so he can pretend to give me poke and I have to say I have 5 bandaids on my hands right now...I am going to try and take it down to 2....

He is retaining some water now, so they are keeping an eye on that....so needless to say his weight is up....just a bit...

It is a waiting game....I think every morning this will be the day and they come in and tell me the whites are comihng up, but we are still below > .1 ...It is like watching water boil...until you walk away it does not boil.
So I think I will stop asking until they come in and do the dance....I have been told there is a poly dance that the nurses do, one the levels start to come up...

Mary Sunshine is here today, so something to look forward to....I might need to hire her to come to the house...he loves her so much ...I wonder if she does home visits....

As I am writting , Ryan just said I want to go home now mommy.....oh how I wish....maybe another good sign....he is ready to leave.....to bad the whites have not given us the same sign...

He will probably need a transfusion for platelets and blood tomorrow...

Levels today

WBC -> .1
RBC - 76
PLt - 32

Katheryn and Steven, children of 2 of the parents I have been close to while during our visit here..both got to go home for the day yesterday and then had to report back last night....
There counts are up and they are starting to eat and drink, so they will probably be going home later this week... Hooray, Hooray, Hooray, I bet they can not wait to be home and back to a normal routine....Ryan this will be us soon....

will post again tomororw...

Suzie

3 comments:

  1. Hi Suzie:

    Great to hear that Ryan is more himself - has to be a good sign. Your morning dance is coming!

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dancing is coming. Ryan and you will go home soon...very soon

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys will be dancing in no time! I'm so glad to hear Ryan is starting to come around a little. give him an extra kiss for me tonight!

    ReplyDelete