Wednesday, February 25, 2009

February 25th Day +19

Ryan,

Day 19 and you have asked to go home and have your birthday. The only problem with this is that you are not willing to eat or drink....
We continue to try and get you to eat something. Dr. Mira has reduced your TPN ( food suppliment) to try to get you stimulated to eat. You antibiotics have been discontinued, and your morphine reduced yet again to .41....Thing are looking good.

Counts today:

WBC - 0.5
RBC -86
PLT - 59 again you got a good bag of platelets yesterday.

Mommy went for lunch today with Karen and Sylvie and had a wonderful time. We laughed and laughed and had a fun time. Ryan they both have children just about your age and you will meet them all when we are out of here. Mommy needs a break some days and I know one day you will understand that when you read about your journey. You cried when I left and told me if I left you something would happen to you. Wow, how you get to my heart. How do you know how to hit me where it hurts...I felt really bad, but knew your were in good hands with your daddy. Sylvie, Karen I had a great time. Thank you so much. Dave is jeleous, he wishes he went.

Mary Sunshine came yesterday while you were sleeping and dropped of a pokemon book. how lucky you are. She will be back on Thursday to read it to you.

So now we need those poly to rise so you can leave your room for a little while..This will come in time. Your legs are starting to hurt, that is because you have been in bed for 3 weeks straigt. They have told me we can give you a shot of morphine if it gets really bad.

All in all, they tell me you are a text book case. no major issues yet and that you have the best Dr. in the hospital on your case..Ryan you are in good hands..

You are getting a little more bold every day, it must be a good sign, I know it must be so hard to be 31/2 and stuck in this little room.

Baby, it wont be to much longer, hang in there..
I love you so much,

Mommy
XOXXOXO

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sue and Ryan,
    So glad to see those counts coming up...woohoo!
    Sue it was good that you got out for awhile today. I'm sure the little break away did you good. Ryan had some Daddy time too.
    It must break your heart when you leave but, you are human its okay. Like you said Ryan is in good hands thank god.
    Looking forward to the counts tomorrow.
    Have a good night.
    Love you,
    Tina
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear that Ryan is doing good!
    I come on usually every day to see any updates :)
    Hang in there Ryan, before you know it you can go home !
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear Ryan is coming along and being himself again. I hope he understands how proud we all are of him fighting this grown up battle at only 3 1/2...And you too Sue - you are a trooper!
    Can't wait to see tomorrow's counts!

    ReplyDelete