Sunday, February 8, 2009

February 8th - Day +2

Good Morning,

Ally continues to do well, bandages are now off...she has 2 little holes in either side of her lower back..But all looks well.

I went out last night with my neighbour for a well needed drink (pitcher of sangria). I had a great time something I think I have needed but did not want to take as Ryan and Ally so needed me..

I got a text from Dave last night at 10 pm that stated Ryan was in great form. I was thrilled.
I then received another text at 12:00 am stating he had his first fever....that was a concern. Dave said that the nurses said they had been expecting a fever it was just a matter of time.
He has now been put on 2 forms of antibiotics and will remain on them until his body has excepted Ally marrow.

He has woken up this morning and had his sponge bath and bed sheets have been changed. That is a daily routine that can not be skipped.

His fever has since disappeared, but now his platlets have dropped below the amount that they allow....20.....Ryans are sitting at 17......so he will be transfused to ensure he does not bleed.
This is also excepted as in previous blogs I have said they will go up and down throught the process...Platlets have always been Ryan main issue...as he has already had ab out 18 transfusion since November 15th, 2008.

So we wait and continue to monitor him every 4 hours...

Counts:

WBC - 0.6
RBC - 91
PLT - 17

Ryan is watching TV and does not seem to be bothered....so that is a positive...as they say he will likely be put on morphine once the mucositis sets in ....not sure when that will be, this depends on each individual patient...

I will be heading back down to the hospital at 3:30 this afternoon, Ally will be dropped to Nicole and Kayla is with her grandad at the theatre watching the Sounds of Music, something I am sure she will enjoy....

Will post again tomorrow...Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting these updates! Great to hear that everything is going well and there have been no unexpected surprises.

    Love to all

    Elaine & Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue,
    I hope Ryan had a good night last night. Thanks for letting me and Stevie come by yesterday and spend the afternoon with you and Ally. Thank god Ally is back to her little self. She is amazing.
    Now we just have to hope Ryan's little body accepts Ally's cells.
    Remember we are all here for you when you need us.
    Can't wait to hear Dave this morning on CFRB 1010.
    Talk to you soon.
    Hugs and Kisses,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete