Monday, February 2, 2009

February 2nd Day -4

Reporting from room 69 on 8B is Ryan Hyland, he wishes to tell everyone he is brave and fighting his blood...(his words)

So round one of the new chemo is done and he has been given the steriod, so I am awaiting to see if he turns into a Jeckel and hyde personality..
Dave was down for lunch and Ryan has eaten froot loops and milk, spagetti noodles 3 mouth fulls with some chips and a minigo. He has had 3 looly pops and some apple juice. Oh yeah and a haagen dazs vanilla ice cream ( not bad for a little guys that is on suppliments for not eating)

He has played with Kim the volunteer this morning, so I ran down to get a bagel and tea from Tim's

Counts today are:

WBC - 4.3
RBC - 96
PLT- 43

Dr's do there rounds every day but on Monday's there are about 16 of them outside your door and 1-3 come in. When they got to us this morning Dr. Tal said everything is going to plan with Ryan so no need to do anything and she asked me if I had question and they were gone...so I guess that was good news.

Julie is our nurse today and she was also our nurse yesterday and she is amazing, sat with Dave and explained lots yesterday to him and also Nicole and Shayne.

Ryan is still in great form, busy, wants to do lots. Effects should hit in the next day or two...it seems like we are expecting reaction to things and they dont come ...good thing as I have been told by the nurse....we are on track ...
Ally is in good form heading in to Friday, so they have given me a list of things to do with her on Thursday night to prep her for Friday.

I think I will go home on Thursday to get her ready and then stay here on Saturday with Ryan .
She is doing such a great thing and I think I need to give her some TLC....and as long as Ryan is stable Dave can cope and call me if anything changes..

So that is the news for today from 8B- BMT unit at SCH in Toronto.
Signing off

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ryan, we've been thinking about you over the past weeks and for sure this week!!! I read your mom's posting and I see you're being a big strong boy!!! Big hugs from Steve and I!!! Sue, let us know if you need ANYTHING!!! We'll be thinking of all of you on Friday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank god Ryan is still being himself. And that he is still eating a little bit. Ryan you are such a strong little boy....and yes keep fighting your blood. You are so very brave.
    Sue, good luck with the scrap booking I'm sure you will be a pro in no time.
    Thinking of you always,
    Tina
    xo

    ReplyDelete