Thursday, March 5, 2009

March 5th- Day + 27

Ryan,

You had a fantastic day yesterday.
The dr's came in yesterday morning that as you were eating small amounts they would be taking you off of your food suppliments. They also said that they would balance your electrolytes if needed as that was being balanced in the suppliments as well.

So needless to say you have got over another hurdle. With that being said, they are expecting 1250ml in fluid a day. 750 ml to be giving in over night hydration ( IV) and the rest you have to do. So I am proud to say that yesterday you were able to get down 505ml. Another stepping stone accomplished.

You ate a good dinner considering, 1 chicken finger, 3 pieces of brocolli and some cucumber.
I guess the TPN suppliment really did keep you full.

We watched some TV again last night ( you guessed it Jurrasic Park # 2) and then you wanted to watch Youtube. I was asking myself how does he know about youtube and videos and you keep saying "mommy, daddy lets me watch the snake eat the rat" Nice Dave.
I watched one video and had to draw the line as I don't like to look at them. Ryan is now asking for a snake as a pet and he can keep it in a cage in his room. (I dont think so)

Mary Sunshine will be in today to see Ryan later today and Dave will be here tonight to take over.

The Dr's seem to think that you will be in step down early next week. Ryan I can not wait, you will be able to walk the halls soon.

Your counts today:

WBC- 1.4
RBC - 88
PLT -54
Poly's 0.34 we are now only 0.16 away from our poly dance.

This morning you asked me for a hot chocolate from Tim's but the nurse said no. It was a good thing that I had instant hot chocolate here, so I made you some with hot milk. I put it into a tim's cup so you did not know the difference and you have drank the whole cup. I have no dought that you will reach the 500 ml that you need to acheive today.

Mommy's next task it getting our family back together slowly once you are home, I am sure it will take some time, but in the end we will all be together again. I can not wait.

Keep up the great work Ryan.

Hug and Kisses
Mommy

5 comments:

  1. WAY TO GO RYAN!! What a brave, strong and amazing young man you are.

    Hugs & kisses

    Elaine & Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome day!!!!! Yay Ryan!!!!! Yay Hyland Family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job ryan! What a trooper! Keep up the great work Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippeeeee! Wonderful news!

    You both are so strong!

    Continue the wonderfful work. You have many people cheering for you.

    Love, Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo Ryan, bravo

    I am very glad to read that you are almost there.

    Keep going like this

    Kisses
    Paula

    ReplyDelete