Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March 3rd - Day + 25

Ryan,

Last night you had a bit of a reaction to one of your medicines so Ashley gave you some benadryl. You fell asleep at 7:30 and did not wake until 8:30 this morning. What a great sleep.

You are giving me a hard time taking the medicine that the Dr's want you to take. I dont blame you, it does not taste very good. So I have put it into your milk in hopes that you will drink it.
You did manage to get 1/4 of a hard boiled egg down, and a bite of bacon. We will continue to try through out the day.

Mary Sunshine is here today, that I know you will enjoy. They have now asked her to come in the morning for you, as you seem to fall asleep in the early afternoon and have missed her a few times.

Daddy will be down for a visit around noon, so that will be nice for you and for mommy, a we did not get to see him yesterday.

Your counts today are:

WBC- 1.1 down from yesterday
RBC- 88
PLT - 44
Poly's 0.19

Dr.Gassas say you are taking you time, and I am not surprised as you have alway been a a little boy that does things in his own time, you can not be pushed to do something. I think you get that from me.

Ryan we are getting closer to your poly dance. We are only 0.3 away from it. My toes are starting ot get ready. I can not wait for you to be able to get out of this room and walk the halls.
Maybe once we are out of the room, you will be more inclined to eat and drink and do what we use to do.

Then it will be getting back to our old routine once we are home. Wow, home that sounds so nice..I can not wait for you to be back in your surroundings and enjoying all your toys, your room, your stool at the breakfast bar. The little things. I am so looking forward to this day,as I am sure you are to.

Love you,
Mommy
XXXXXX

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue,
    I'm so happy that the "poly dance" is now in sight. Tell Ryan that I will do my own dance around the table when that happy day arrives.
    I hope that his appetite improves soon.
    Stay strong little mother!You'll have him home soon.

    Love to you both,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ryan: Congratulations!! My dancing shoes are ready and my toes are itching. I'm sure that most people being cooped up in the same room all this time would loose their appetite as well. Maybe a few more bites would speed up the escape from those four walls. Looking forward to everyone getting together on Friday to celebrate your progress. Keep up the wonderful work.

    Lots of love, hugs and kisses

    Elaine, Tony, Lynda, Michael, Dave

    ReplyDelete