Monday, March 16, 2009

March 16 - Day + 38

Ryan,

What a busy day we have had. It is 8:20 pm and I am ready for bed. You are however wide awake on the couch and hooked up to you friend Fred. You just told me you like being hooked to him, I asked you why and you said " because I love him mommy".

You were up early (7:30) coughing and a runny nose. I was concerned and put a call into the hospital to our contact nurse Kim. Our home nurse checked you out and said that your chest was clear. That put my mind at ease a little.

You are taking your medicine with no problems now, so that is once less worry. We have got it from taking 1 hour to about 3 minutes. Go Daddy. All credit for this goes to Dave. He has the touch.

Kim called back at about 9 am and said that if all was clear fluid in your nose and what you were coughing up, that we should not get to worried. I told her about your legs and she said to watch it.
They see sore legs mostly amoungst the older kids and the parents call in upset as they think the cancer is back, as it is the first common sign of childhood luekemia. She told me to remember, Ryan has been bed ridden for 6 weeks and he is home and probably using the muscles more.
She said we will do blood work on Wednesday and see what his counts are.

The cleaners were here and unfortunatley they did not do the greatest job, I will be calling to complain about that in the morning. Daddy could not believe it when he got home.

Steve was here completing last minute things in the basement, and all I could hear over the vacuum was him calling my name. so I ran downstair and he looked at me and said I think I need to go to the hospital. he looked in shock and then said that he had a bleeder and sliced his finger. Ryan mommy is not just your nurse, but is becoming a nurse to all in need.
I ran and got some of you supplies and wrapped his finger and taped it to apply pressure to the wound. Wow, it was a good one Steve. By the time he left for the hospital, the blood was soaked through. I think Steve was more worried about me passing out than his hand.

Then the steam cleaners came and cleaned the couches, so we are up and running finally.

Kayla is coming over for St. Patty's day tomorrow night and we have to be at the hospital early on Wednesday for you first appointment post transplant.

Gramma and Grandad are coming on Wednesday and you have asked more than once for your grandad as you want him to take you fishing. I don't think that will happen this trip, but soon honey, when the weather is warmer.

Lots to look forward to this week.

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment