Friday, March 13, 2009

March 13th- Day + 35

Ryan,

So far so good, you are doing great.

Mommy has been working hard to get our house in order for you.
I have called in professionals to clean all the air ducts to alliviate any dust, they will be here on Sunday. I have also called in the cleaners to do a one over on the house to get rid of all the dust that may be lying around. all I have left to do is find someone to steam clean the couch and chairs.

Kayla and Ally are coming home tonight to see you and you are so looking forward to it. Hopefully we will rent some movies and have a nice dinner together.

I went last night and gave blood, as so many people need it. You have opened my eyes to that.
Daddy wants to give, but can not as he was in Ireland at a time that the blood was tainted.

Auntie Nicole and Uncle Shayne also went. This is something we will do every two months, in order to give back.

After giving blood I went to see Sherry, Steve and Stevie and Aunt Tina met me there for tea and I brought home a beautiful red bike that was donated to the charity event for our family.
You were amazed by it. You have been riding it around the house all day.

Mommy read a story in the Milton paper about a family who has a party every year, in honor of a man that passed away from Luekemia and they serve drinks and food and all they ask is that their friends and family bring there loose change. I have put a call in to see if the family can give me a call, so you and your sisters can donate some of your piggy bank money. Everything raised goes to sick kids. Ryan sick kids has taken such great care of you and given you, with the help of Ally a fighting chance. I know you don't understand this now, but Daddy and I will explain it as you get older.

We are still having problems with your medications. You really don't like them, but are managing with great difficulty to get them down.
I have become quite the nurse Ryan, I can not only clean you central lines, but I can also hook you up to your overnight hydration. you would have guessed it could be so easy. I love it.
Maybe I should become a nurse.????????

We went out today in the car for a drive, we stopped at your aunts house because you wanted to drop off chips to your friends. You are not allowed to go in at this time, but can be on the street with your mask, so your friends came out to say hello to you. You had a nice time, it was only about 10 minutes but you enjoyed it alot.

We read 5 stories today and then you took a nap. You were so tired.
You woke up with pains in your tummy , so I will keep an eye on how frequent they are.
Ryan, you need to drink more, you are finding it very hard to do, but we will continue to work on this.

Stay strong my little man, you are doing great.

Love ya

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ryan: Great work. You must so enjoy being home - enjoy your evening with your sisters. I'm sure they have missed your wonderful company very much. You are very lucky to have a wonderful mother who is also your bestest nurse!

    Hugs & Kisses

    Elaine & Tony

    ReplyDelete