Friday, April 3, 2009

April 3rd - Day + 55 Some more news

Hi Ryan,

I found the spell check on blogger....yeah, now there should be no more mistakes.

You are doing well with in yourself. Hot Chocolate is your new favorite drink, you can not get enough and you are eating honey raisin toast like it has gone out of style.
Mommy is sleeping better with a few interruptions during the night.

Kayla had to get a vaccination (MMR) so she can not see you for about tow weeks. The reason she can not see you is because the shot she was given was is a live virus.
With you having a suppressed immune system, Kayla's Dr. and her mommy did not think it was wise.
Kayla will see us in two weeks.  Mommy called the hospital to see if Mommy and Daddy can still see Kayla and they said " YES" not to worry.  Daddy will be taking her to dinner and a movie next week.

Kim from the hospital called today, I thought she was returning my call, but she had not even got my message.
I got a little worried, as to why the hospital would be calling us today since we are only scheduled to go back next week.
Kim said that they put a rush on your Fish test to see what Ally cells were doing.

The bad news, we still see your cells.( are goal is to eliminate all of them)
The good news is there are now (194)  Ally and (6) of Ryan, not much of a difference. But still one less.

Ryan, I choose to look at this as your cells did not increase with in the week. I take this as good news. We will now have to wait until Wednesday to see what your monocytes are doing?

Ryan, I was not sure what to expect once we were out of transplant. I had hoped and prayed you would be in remission and we would just have to monitor. Unfortunately, that is not the case and we are playing the waiting game, with unknown result every week. I think this will be a longer road than we all had hoped.

Ryan, this is the hardest thing life has ever dealt me and I am sure I speak for your father as well when I say this. So we will remain hope full and see what next week holds. I find it so unfair that you have had to face such a serious disease at such a young age. You have been through in your short life, more than I have ever been through. You inspire me as you are doing this with such strength and courage.

I will continue to pray for you. Daddy and I are so fortunate to have you as our son.

Hugs and kisses to you Ryan...

Love your mom

3 comments:

  1. Dear Sue,
    So Ryan is becoming a hot chocoholic and raisin toast fiend!The next time I'm at Tim Horton's in your area, I'll pick up a hot chocolate for him.

    Good news again!Lets look forward to more next week.

    You are an inspiration to us all.Remember, if you ever need a babysitter.... call me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I just may do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another heart bursting post! Thank you.

    Ryan, another one down, just a few more to go!!

    ReplyDelete