Sunday, April 12, 2009

April 12th- Day +65 Easter

Ryan,

Happy Easter Sweetheart!

You were so excited this morning to see that the Easter Bunny had come. We had to keep reminding you that some of the eggs he left for Ally. You were very kind and helped her find so eggs and you even put a few back for her.

We are Day + 65 after transplant and other than some of your cells growing back, you are doing very well. You look great, are eating and drinking well. You sleep more than a almost 4 year old should but that is ok. You need it.

Since Ally has had to go to the hospital for the last two night, we have dropped you to your Auntie Nicole for some quality time with Ethan and Aidan. Auntie Nicole to of course. She loves her special time with you when mommy is not around.

Grandad and Gramma were suppose to be here on Friday but Grandad was not feeling well and did not want to take any chances of you or Ally catching anything. They are on there way now, so they can take care of you for a few day while I am at the hospital with Ally.

You are not happy that I will not be here, but I have told you that she needs me and that she is doing this for you. I know you are in good hands and you will have a wonderful time with Gramma and Grandad. Daddy will be with Ally and I at the hospital on Monday and maybe Tuesday, but will be home with you at night to put you to bed and read you a story.

Kayla should be here on Thursday! I am sure we will be home by Thursday night at the latest.

Your Nana, Uncle Jim, Auntie Brenda, Auntie Ro Ro and uncle Phillip have confirmed that they will be here for your birthday and we are going tp have a big snake party at your request. Yuck.

You saw Ally's arm last night and said " mommy that looks really" then you paused and said 'BAD" and you asked where the tube in her leg was.

Ally is doing great, but we have not got to the hard part yet. Mommy is not looking forward to tomorrow. Ryan it is hard enough having to watch you battle this and now to add Ally to the mix of having to have these procedures done. I just keep telling myself it will all work out in the end.
You watch the two of you will do this together. I count on it.

You have both been through so much that no child should have to go through and if I could do it for you both I would.

I love you both so much.

Mommy.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sue,

    Christian mentioned that he saw Ryan this weekend and said he looked great. It's good to know that Ryan's appetite is hardy as many kids are difficult to please at any age.I'm sure in your absence this week Ryan will enjoy time with grandma and grandpa.
    You will all be in our thoughts and prayers for more good news and a sunny future for you all.

    ReplyDelete