Tuesday, June 2, 2009

June 1st -Day + 115

Ryan,

So you Nana in Ireland called last night to tell us that your Uncle Phillip and Cousin David, went to the Gratto.....Many people have gone to this Grotto in Ireland and placed things about a person who needs to be healed. So they placed the dinosaur that you gave your Uncle Phillipo to remember you by when he was here and a scanned picture of you. Dave went back up to see it and from what I gathered from the conversation is that someone put candles to help heal there loved one and everything on the Grotto was burned. David said the only thing that remained was your picture....Daddy and I talked about what we thought this meant and we have chosen to believe that someone is watching over you and protecting you..

Ryan you are doing great and are now taking your medicine with no problems at all.
I think the fact that we are bribing you with freezes and Popsicles.

Your hair is starting to come in, and it is coming in very nice, not in patches....it feels like a new born babies head....so soft....
Your tummy still bothers you and your bowl movements are still more frequent than most people, this will take time...All the chemo that gave you mucocitis I think has affected your tummy in some way. Some people get Graft VS Host of the gut...I do not think you have this, but I keep telling myself that your tummy and bowl issues may be what is keeping you in remission.
My belief is that Ally is attacking you in some small way. This keeps me positive.

I still have my bad days, days when I just cry for no reason, days that are just worse than others.
I watch you sleep and play with your friends and see the joy you have in everything that you do .

Ryan, continue to let Ally fight inside you and continue to be the wonderful little boy that you are.

Mommy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ryan:

    How wonderful are your uncle and cousin! That was really special trip they made - for a very special young man. Awesome to read that you are doing great.

    Sue, must sometimes feel like a pressure cooker - every once and a while some steam escapes to keep things from exploding. You are a inspirational example of what the word "Mom" really means. You too Dave! You both have raised the parenting bar.

    Enjoy your days.

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete