Monday, May 4, 2009

May 4th -Day + 87

Ryan,

You have confirmed it. You are a little monkey.
Friday morning you had an accident in your bed. Mommy had to clean you up and I cleaned your lines right before I put you in the tub. You cried your eyes out because of your accident and asked for the syringes that I used to do your lines. So I gave in and you played in the tub as you always do.

Only problem this time , is you decided to pretend you could do your lines yourself and inserted bath water into you blood stream. Mommy thought that if she just pulled back and took out the water and cleaned your lines again all would be fine. I was wrong, very wrong.
I told your nurse about it at 4pm , and she looked at me and said call the hospital. When I asked her why she said there are alot of bacterias in water, some that are very serious, especially if they hit your blood stream. So we called the hospital and they said if you spiked a fever to bring you in.

All seemed to be fine, until mommy went out for an hour. I got a call from you daddy saying that you had spiked a fever. I came straight home and took you to the hospital. I called on the way to let them know.

They were all amazed that you would even know how to do this. I guess I can take credit for that. I have a very intelligent little boy. You are smarter than you know.
The Dr. asked you to tell him what happened and you described it perfectly. You also mentioned that if your mommy could do it than so could you. I don't think so. You were made to promise that you would never do it again....

Your fever broke after 4 hours and you were on antibiotics for 3 days. We were released this morning and your Dr. was happy with your progress.

Dr. Gassas says you look great and that your blood counts are good. He also mentioned this morning that since the DLI you know only have 5 of your own cells. Yeah. Great news.

He said that Ally cells have destroyed 10 of your and she only has to destroy 5 more for us to have a perfect 200/200 (Ally cells only) if we can achieve this than your army will have surrendered to your sister.

We did another blood test today as the last one was 2 weeks ago, so this will tell us if she has conquered your troops of if we have some more work to do.

I hope and pray we have done it and we can deem you in remission. This is my wish for you.

If anyone were to see you now, they would all be amazed at the difference in you from January to now. You are full of energy, full of life. Maybe this is Ally coming out in you. She gives us a run for our money on a daily basis. If you have any of you sister in you, we are sure to win this battle.

I had a great time with you this weekend Ryan and as always am so proud of you and what you have accomplished.

Love your mom.

5 comments:

  1. Wow - not only are you a Ryanosaurus but a little monkey too!! Or are you part mischievious leprechan. Must be the the Irish part of you. Certainly keeping your parents on their toes.

    Awesome news that your cells are surrendering. Looking forward to the remission dance.

    Enjoy you time with your Nana, Aunts and Uncles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute... yet scary story. Kids certainly never stop being kids!!! I'm so very happy for you all that you are "this" close to success! When I read that God told Ryan he will make him better, I knew that it was all just a matter of time until Ally's cells finish Ryan's army into supreme surrender. Keep your spirits up Suzanne. You're almost home free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all your well wishes....and I wish you all a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mommy, you have a typical little four year old monkey! I'm so happy to hear that his "smarts" didn't hurt him too much. Gee, you may have a doctor in the making!
    Wonderful news re: Ryans' blood tests. Yeh, yeh to Ally's soldiers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kids have a fertil imagination! I am glad to know that you are now well.

    Very good news about Ryan´s blood.

    Kisses
    Paula

    ReplyDelete