Sunday, May 10, 2009

May 10th- Day + 93 Ryan's 4th Birthday and Mothers Day

Ryan,

We were introduced on May 10th 2005, at 12.26 am. Daddy and I came into your room while you slept, and cuddled up with you and told you how much we love you. Then we just had to wake you up to tell you Happy 4th Birthday!!!! You were so excited, you said I'm four.
You fell back asleep and woke at 6:30 am and ran into our room and said do you know what day it is. It's Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day Mommy. My heart sank. I was waiting for it is my birthday let's open presents.

Your Uncle Jim, Auntie Brenda, Uncle Philip, Autie Ro Ro, and Nana flew in from Ireland to spend your special day with you. Your Gramma, and Grandad from Montreal came as well.
What a lucky little boy to have so many people make the longs trips that they have made to celebrate with you.

Unfortunately, this year we only had family due to isolation and the risk of germs. Next year it will be different, we will have all your friends and family and make it so big as you will be turning "Five" Wow, five how time flies. I remember it like it was yesterday when you were born.
You have turned out to be one amazing little boy. You are smart, funny, inquisitive, and stubborn. I think you get that from your mommy "Sorry" not the best quality. I guess we could look at it as you will not let you cancer get you down, so if that is you been stubborn, good for you sweetheart...Daddy and I were just saying you have never complained once out, the needles, the masks that you have to wear when we leave the house. You remind us about it all the time, you make sure that no one is sick around you, or you ask for a mask. We could not be prouder of you. You are fighting this disease with courage and strengh.

Uncle Jim and Auntie Brenda brought over a beautiful uniform for you. A replica of Uncle Jim uniform from the Irish police. They had it tailored made to your size and you were thrilled.
They also sent an email to the local Milton police department explaining it was your birthday and what you are going through and they asked if they could make a trip to the house to see you.
So you got to sit in a police car, press all the buttons to make the loud sirens and police noises. You thought it was so much fun...When you had, had enough you said the police man, thank you for coming, but I am going inside now because I am getting cold. To any of your readers of the blog, I can not post a picture, but the pictures are on face book. I must say, and I am biased but Ryan you make one cute police man even if you are holding a stuffed penguin..

We had a cake, you requested Spider-Man, so mommy, Auntie Brenda and Autie Ro Ro, worked hard to get it done. You thought it was great. I think we were all glad it was done and worked out.

You were so tired you were asleep on the couch by 5:30, I woke you about an hour later and you were so grumpy. I should have known better, but I did not want you awake all night.

Daddy and I are so grateful to daddy's family for coming over from Ireland and making a holiday out of your Birthday. Ryan we are so fortunate to have great family on both sides. They have all turned there lives upside down for us during this crazy and difficult time.

Happy Birthday Ryan! We all love you so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment